- an evil spirit or demon.；the Devil.
noun: fiend, plural noun: fiends
- 1. an evil spirit or demon. 同義詞 demon, devil, evil spirit, imp, bogie, ... 更多
- ▪ archaic the Devil.
- ▪ a very wicked or cruel person Britain's most notorious sex fiend 同義詞 brute, beast, villain, barbarian, monster, ... 更多
- 2. informal an enthusiast or devotee of a particular thing a football fiend 同義詞 enthusiast, fanatic, maniac, addict, devotee, ... 更多
- the Devil.
- a person who is very keen on outdoor activities and (when indoors) on well-ventilated rooms: he was famous for being a fresh-air fiend and opening the windows in his classroom for periods of time, even in the dead of winter
- an evil spirit or demon.
Oxford American Dictionary