- a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically an unwelcome one；a characteristic that deviates from the normal type
noun: aberration, plural noun: aberrations
- 1. a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically an unwelcome one they described the outbreak of violence in the area as an aberration I see these activities as some kind of mental aberration 同義詞 anomaly, deviation, divergence, abnormality, irregularity, ... 更多
- ▪ a characteristic that deviates from the normal type colour aberrations 同義詞 disorder, defect, disease, irregularity, instability, ... 更多
- ▪ the failure of rays to converge at one focus because of a defect in a lens or mirror.
- ▪ the apparent displacement of a celestial object from its true position, caused by the relative motion of the observer and the object.