- with no qualification, restriction, or limitation; totally；used to emphasize a strong or exaggerated statement
- 1. with no qualification, restriction, or limitation; totally she trusted him absolutely you're absolutely right 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ used to emphasize a strong or exaggerated statement he absolutely adores that car Dad was absolutely furious
- ▪ none whatsoever she had absolutely no idea what he was talking about
- ▪ informal used to express and emphasize one's assent or agreement “Did they give you a free hand when you joined the band?” “Absolutely!”
- 2. independently; not viewed in relation to other things or factors white-collar crime increased both absolutely and in comparison with other categories
- 3. (of a verb) without a stated object.