- an award or privilege granted as a special honor or as an acknowledgment of merit；an expression of praise or admiration
noun: accolade, plural noun: accolades
- 1. an award or privilege granted as a special honor or as an acknowledgment of merit the ski resort achieved the ultimate accolade of playing host to the Winter Olympics 同義詞 honor, recognition, privilege, award, gift, ... 更多
- ▪ an expression of praise or admiration poignant accolades and urgent testimonials of thanks 同義詞 tribute, commendation, acclaim, applause, ovation, ... 更多反義詞 criticism
- 2. a touch on a person's shoulders with a sword at the bestowing of a knighthood.
- an award or privilege granted as a special honour or as an acknowledgement of merit: the hotel has won numerous accolades