- the state or experience of being isolated from a group or an activity to which one should belong or in which one should be involved；loss or lack of sympathy; estrangement
noun: alienation, plural noun: alienation effects
- 1. the state or experience of being isolated from a group or an activity to which one should belong or in which one should be involved unemployment may generate a sense of political alienation 同義詞
- ▪ loss or lack of sympathy; estrangement public alienation from bureaucracy
- ▪ (in Marxist theory) a condition of workers in a capitalist economy, resulting from a lack of identity with the products of their labor and a sense of being controlled or exploited.
- ▪ a state of depersonalization or loss of identity in which the self seems unreal, thought to be caused by difficulties in relating to society and the resulting prolonged inhibition of emotion.
- ▪ an effect, sought by some dramatists, whereby the audience remains objective and does not identify with the actors.
- ▪ the transfer of the ownership of property rights. 同義詞
- the state or experience of being alienated: a sense of alienation from our environment unemployment may generate a sense of political alienation