- place or arrange (things) in a straight line；put (things) into correct or appropriate relative positions
verb: align, 3rd person present: aligns, gerund or present participle: aligning, past tense: aligned, past participle: aligned
- 1. place or arrange (things) in a straight line gently brush the surface to align the fibers 同義詞 line up, range, arrange in line, put in order, put in rows/columns, ... 更多
- ▪ put (things) into correct or appropriate relative positions the fan blades are carefully aligned aligning domestic prices with prices in world markets
- ▪ lie in a straight line, or in correct relative positions the pattern of the border at the seam should align perfectly
- 2. give support to (a person, organization, or cause) newspapers usually align themselves with certain political parties
- ▪ come together in agreement or alliance all of them must now align against the foe forces aligned with Russia 同義詞 ally, affiliate, associate, join, side, ... 更多
- not aligned with something else.
- a grouping of chiefly developing countries pursuing a policy of neutrality towards the ...
- place or arrange (things) in a straight line: the desks are aligned in straight rows facing forwards