- the state of being full of life or vigour; liveliness；the state of being alive
noun: animation, plural noun: animations
- 1. the state of being full of life or vigour; liveliness they started talking with animation
- ▪ archaic the state of being alive the body began to show tiny signs of animation
- 2. the technique of photographing successive drawings or positions of puppets or models to create an illusion of movement when the film is shown as a sequence a combination of live action with 3-D animation animations as backdrops for live action
- ▪ the manipulation of electronic images by means of a computer in order to create moving images.