- the envelope of gases surrounding the earth or another planet；the air in any particular place
noun: atmosphere, plural noun: atmospheres
- 1. the envelope of gases surrounding the earth or another planet part of the sun's energy is absorbed by the earth's atmosphere 同義詞
- ▪ the air in any particular place these beetles breed best in a damp atmosphere
- ▪ a unit of pressure equal to mean atmospheric pressure at sea level, 101,325 pascals.
- 2. the pervading tone or mood of a place, situation, or creative work the hotel has won commendations for its friendly, welcoming atmosphere 同義詞
- ▪ a pleasurable and interesting mood a superb restaurant, full of atmosphere