- support or help；a layer of material that forms, protects, or strengthens the back of something
noun: backing, plural noun: backings
- 1. support or help he accepted the backing of the police group they had financial backing from local firms 同義詞
- ▪ a layer of material that forms, protects, or strengthens the back of something the fabric has a special backing for durability 同義詞
- ▪ (especially in popular music) the music or singing that accompanies the main singer or soloist the trio provided backing to some of the most popular vocalists of the day backing vocals 同義詞
- 2. the movement of the place of formation of a sound toward the back of the mouth.