- help or support；a layer of material that forms, protects, or strengthens the back of something
noun: backing, plural noun: backings
- 1. help or support the foreign secretary won the backing of opposition parties 同義詞 support, help, assistance, cooperation, aid, ... 更多
- ▪ a layer of material that forms, protects, or strengthens the back of something the flooring has a cork base with jute backing the fabric has a special backing for durability 同義詞 lining, interlining, facing, underlay, reinforcement
- ▪ (especially in popular music) the musical or vocal accompaniment to the main singer or soloist the trio provided backing a backing group 同義詞 musical accompaniment, orchestration, harmony, obbligato
- 2. the movement of the place of formation of a sound towards the back of the mouth.