- IPA[ˈblīn(d) ˌspät]
- the point of entry of the optic nerve on the retina, insensitive to light.；an area where a person's view is obstructed
noun: blind spot, plural noun: blind spots
- 1. the point of entry of the optic nerve on the retina, insensitive to light.
- 2. an area where a person's view is obstructed the angle rearview mirror eliminates blind spots on both sides of the car
- ▪ an area in which a person lacks understanding or impartiality Ed had a blind spot where these ethical issues were concerned
- 3. a point within the normal range of a transmitter where there is unusually weak reception.