- make (a hole) in something with a tool or by digging；hollow out (a gun barrel or other tube)
- the hollow part inside a gun barrel or other tube.；the diameter of a bore; the calibre
verb: bore, 3rd person present: bores, gerund or present participle: boring, past tense: bored, past participle: bored
noun: bore, plural noun: bores
- 1. make (a hole) in something with a tool or by digging bore a hole in the wall to pass the cable through the drill can bore through rock
- ▪ hollow out (a gun barrel or other tube) an 1100 cc road bike bored out to 1168 cc
- 2. (of an athlete or racehorse) push another competitor out of the way.
- 1. the hollow part inside a gun barrel or other tube.
- ▪ the diameter of a bore; the calibre a small-bore rifle 同義詞
- ▪ a gun of a specified bore he shot a guard in the leg with a twelve-bore
- 2. short for borehole