- the neck or mouth of a bottle.；a narrow section of road or a junction that impedes traffic flow
noun: bottleneck, plural noun: bottlenecks
- 1. the neck or mouth of a bottle.
- 2. a narrow section of road or a junction that impedes traffic flow narrow streets and a lack of parking space combine to make the town a bottleneck
- ▪ a situation that causes delay in a process or system lack of imports is making the bottlenecks in domestic output worse than usual
- 3. a device shaped like the neck of a bottle, worn on a guitarist's finger to produce special sound effects I started using bottleneck on the guitar
- ▪ the style of guitar playing that uses a device shaped like the neck of a bottle worn on the finger it is the perfect instrument for playing bottleneck
- the neck or mouth of a bottle.