- past participle of break
- having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order；(of a marriage or other long-term relationship) having ended.
- 1. past participle of break
- 1. having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order he had a broken arm 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a marriage or other long-term relationship) having ended. 同義詞
- ▪ denoting a family in which the parents are divorced or separated he grew up poor in a broken family unable to survive in this broken household, Michael moved around foster homes
- ▪ (of an agreement or promise) not observed by one of the parties involved.
- 2. (of a person) having given up all hope; despairing he went to his grave a broken man 同義詞
- 3. having breaks or gaps in continuity a broken white line across the road 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of speech or a language) spoken falteringly, as if overcome by emotion, or with many mistakes, as by a foreigner a young man talking in broken Italian 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. having an uneven and rough surface broken ground 同義詞 反義詞