- the action of causing something；the relationship between cause and effect; causality
noun: causation, plural noun: causations
- 1. the action of causing something investigating the role of nitrate in the causation of cancer
- ▪ the relationship between cause and effect; causality a strong association is not a proof of causation
- a linked series of events leading from cause to effect, typically in the assessment of ...
- the action of causing something: the postulated role of nitrate in the causation of cancer