- a powdery substance made by calcining lime and clay, mixed with water to form mortar or mixed with sand, gravel, and water to make concrete.；concrete.
- fix with cement；settle or establish firmly
verb: cement, 3rd person present: cements, gerund or present participle: cementing, past tense: cemented, past participle: cemented
- 1. a powdery substance made by calcining lime and clay, mixed with water to form mortar or mixed with sand, gravel, and water to make concrete.
- ▪ concrete.
- ▪ a soft glue that hardens on setting tile cement
- ▪ a factor or element that unites a group of people trust is the cement that holds organizations together
- ▪ a substance for filling cavities in teeth dental cement
- ▪ a thin layer of bony material that fixes teeth to the jaw.
- ▪ the material which binds particles together in sedimentary rock.
- 1. fix with cement wooden posts were cemented into the ground
- ▪ settle or establish firmly the two firms are expected to cement an agreement soon
- ▪ (of a material) bind (particles) together in sedimentary rock the original quartz grains were cemented by authigenic quartz