- the most intense, exciting, or important point of something; a culmination or apex；an orgasm.
- culminate in an exciting or impressive event; reach a climax；bring (something) to a climax
verb: climax, 3rd person present: climaxes, gerund or present participle: climaxing, past tense: climaxed, past participle: climaxed
noun: climax, plural noun: climaxes
- 1. the most intense, exciting, or important point of something; a culmination or apex the climax of her speech a thrilling climax to the game 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an orgasm. 同義詞
- ▪ the final stage in a succession in a given environment, at which a plant community reaches a state of equilibrium a mixed hardwood climax forest
- ▪ a sequence of propositions or ideas in order of increasing importance, force, or effectiveness of expression.
- 1. culminate in an exciting or impressive event; reach a climax the day climaxed with a gala concert 同義詞
- ▪ bring (something) to a climax the sentencing climaxed a seven-month trial
- ▪ have an orgasm. 同義詞