- not open；(of a society or system) not communicating with or influenced by others
- 1. not open rooms with closed doors lined the hallway he sat with his eyes closed
- ▪ (of a society or system) not communicating with or influenced by others the perception of the Soviet Union as a closed society had changed
- ▪ limited to certain people; not open or available to all the UN Security Council met in closed session
- ▪ unwilling to accept new ideas you're facing the situation with a closed mind
- 2. (of a business) having ceased trading, especially for a short period he put the ‘Closed’ sign up on the door
- 3. (of a set) having the property that the result of a specified operation on any element of the set is itself a member of the set.
- ▪ (of a set) containing all its limit points.
- ▪ (of a curve or figure) formed from a single unbroken line.