- something, typically money, awarded to someone in recognition of loss, suffering, or injury；the action or process of awarding compensation
noun: compensation, plural noun: compensations
- 1. something, typically money, awarded to someone in recognition of loss, suffering, or injury he is seeking compensation for injuries suffered at work a compensation claim
- ▪ the action or process of awarding compensation the compensation of victims
- ▪ something that counterbalances or makes up for an undesirable or unwelcome state of affairs the grey streets of London were small compensation for the loss of her beloved Africa getting older has some compensations
- 2. the process of concealing or offsetting a psychological difficulty by developing in another direction.
- 3. North American the money received by an employee from an employer as a salary or wages send your CV and current compensation to Executive Search Consultant