- express dissatisfaction or annoyance about something；state that one is suffering from (a pain or other symptom of illness)
verb: complain, 3rd person present: complains, gerund or present participle: complaining, past tense: complained, past participle: complained
- 1. express dissatisfaction or annoyance about something local authorities complained that they lacked sufficient resources ‘You never listen to me,’ Larry complained
- 2. state that one is suffering from (a pain or other symptom of illness) her husband began to complain of headaches
- 3. (of a structure or mechanism) groan or creak under strain.
- ▪ literary make a mournful sound let the warbling flute complain