- a thing that is granted, especially in response to demands；the action of conceding or granting something
noun: concession, plural noun: concessions
- 1. a thing that is granted, especially in response to demands the government was unwilling to make any further concessions 同義詞
- ▪ the action of conceding or granting something this strict rule was relaxed by concession 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a gesture made in recognition of a demand or prevailing standard her only concession to fashion was her ornate silver ring
- 2. a preferential allowance or rate given by an organization tax concessions
- ▪ British a reduction in the price of something for a certain category of person railcard holders can obtain concessions there are concessions on party bookings 同義詞
- 3. the right to use land or other property for a specified purpose, granted by a government, company, or other controlling body new logging concessions 同義詞
- ▪ a commercial operation set up by agreement within the premises of a larger concern the concessions will offer photo processing and a pharmacy
- ▪ the right, given by a company, to sell goods, especially in a particular place.
- ▪ Canadian a piece of land into which surveyed land is divided.
- a thing that is granted, especially in response to demands; a thing conceded: the strikers returned to work having won some concessions
Oxford American Dictionary