- a relationship in which a person, thing, or idea is linked or associated with something else；the action of linking one thing with another
noun: connection, plural noun: connections
- 1. a relationship in which a person, thing, or idea is linked or associated with something else the connections between social attitudes and productivity sufferers deny that their problems have any connection with drugs 同義詞
- ▪ the action of linking one thing with another connection to the internet
- ▪ the placing of parts of an electric circuit in contact so that a current may flow.
- ▪ a link between pipes or electrical components it is important to ensure that all connections between the wires are properly made 同義詞
- ▪ a link between two phones she replaced the receiver before the connection was made
- ▪ an arrangement or opportunity for catching a connecting train, bus, aircraft, etc. ferry connections are sporadic in the off season
- ▪ a connecting train, bus, etc. we had to wait for our connection to Frankfurt
- ▪ people with whom one has social or professional contact or to whom one is related, especially those with influence and able to offer one help he had connections with the music industry 同義詞
- 2. North American informal a supplier of narcotics she introduced Jean to a number of her male drug connections
- ▪ a narcotics sale or purchase.
- 3. historical an association of Methodist Churches the primitive Methodists broke with the Wesleyan connection in 1810