- eat, drink, or ingest (food or drink)；buy (goods or services).
verb: consume, 3rd person present: consumes, gerund or present participle: consuming, past tense: consumed, past participle: consumed
- 1. eat, drink, or ingest (food or drink) people consume a good deal of sugar in drinks 同義詞
- ▪ buy (goods or services).
- ▪ use up (a resource) these machines consume 5 percent of the natural gas in the U.S 同義詞
- ▪ (especially of a fire) completely destroy the fire spread rapidly, consuming many homes 同義詞
- ▪ (of a feeling) absorb all of the attention and energy of (someone) Carolyn was consumed with guilt 同義詞
- eat, drink, or ingest (food or drink): people consume a good deal of sugar in drinks