- cause to change in form, character, or function；change or be able to change from one form to another
- a person who has been persuaded to change their religious faith or other beliefs
verb: convert, 3rd person present: converts, gerund or present participle: converting, past tense: converted, past participle: converted
- 1. cause to change in form, character, or function production processes that converted raw material into useful forms 同義詞 change, turn, transform, metamorphose, transfigure, ... 更多
- ▪ change or be able to change from one form to another the seating converts to a double or two single beds 同義詞 change into, be able to be changed into, adapt to
- ▪ change (money, stocks, or units in which a quantity is expressed) into others of a different kind the figures have been converted at $0.545 to the Dutch guilder 同義詞 change, turn, exchange for, swap for, switch from
- ▪ adapt (a building) to make it suitable for a new purpose the space can be easily converted into a home office 同義詞 adapt, turn, rebuild, reconstruct, redevelop, ... 更多
- ▪ transpose the subject and predicate of (a proposition) according to certain rules to form a new proposition by inference.
- 2. change one's religious faith or other beliefs at sixteen he converted to Catholicism
- ▪ persuade (someone) to change one's religious faith or other beliefs he was engaged in converting people to Christianity 同義詞 proselytize, evangelize, bring to God, redeem, save, ... 更多
- 3. score from (a penalty kick, pass, or other opportunity) in a sport or game.
- ▪ advance the ball far enough during a down to earn a first down the Oilers converted on over half of their third downs
- ▪ score an extra point or points after having scored a touchdown by kicking a goal (one point) or running another play into the end zone (two points).
- 1. a person who has been persuaded to change their religious faith or other beliefs he is a recent convert to the Church