- a thing that is complex and difficult to follow；a coil or twist, especially one of many
noun: convolution, plural noun: convolutions
- 1. a thing that is complex and difficult to follow the convolutions of farm policy 同義詞
- 2. a coil or twist, especially one of many crosses adorned with elaborate convolutions 同義詞
- ▪ the state of being coiled or twisted, or the process of becoming so the flexibility of the polymer chain allows extensive convolution
- 3. a sinuous fold in the surface of the brain.
- 4. a function derived from two given functions by integration which expresses how the shape of one is modified by the other.
- ▪ a method of determination of the sum of two random variables by integration or summation.
- a thing that is complex and difficult to follow: the convolutions of farm policy