- thin, flexible string or rope made from several twisted strands；a length of cord
- attach a cord to
noun: cord, plural noun: cords
- 1. thin, flexible string or rope made from several twisted strands hang the picture from a rail on a length of cord my hands were tied with cord
- ▪ a length of cord a dressing-gown cord
- ▪ an anatomical structure resembling a length of cord (e.g. the spinal cord or the umbilical cord) the baby was still attached to its mother by the cord
- ▪ an electric flex she began toying with the telephone cord
- 2. ribbed fabric, especially corduroy the cloth for their suits was cord cord jackets
- ▪ corduroy trousers he was dressed in faded black cords
- ▪ a cordlike rib on fabric.
- 3. a measure of cut wood (usually 128 cu. ft, 3.62 cubic metres).
- 1. attach a cord to you will need to cord the blind a corded curtain track