- two individuals of the same sort considered together；a pair of partners in a dance or game.
- combine；connect (a railroad vehicle or a piece of equipment) to another
verb: couple, 3rd person present: couples, gerund or present participle: coupling, past tense: coupled, past participle: coupled
noun: couple, plural noun: couples
- 1. two individuals of the same sort considered together a couple of girls were playing marbles 同義詞 pair, duo, duology, twosome, set of two, ... 更多
- ▪ a pair of partners in a dance or game.
- ▪ a pair of equal and parallel forces acting in opposite directions, and tending to cause rotation about an axis perpendicular to the plane containing them.
- 2. two people who are married, engaged, or otherwise closely associated romantically or sexually in three weeks the couple fell in love and became engaged a honeymoon couple 同義詞 husband and wife, twosome, newlyweds, partners, lovers, ... 更多
- 3. informal an indefinite small number he hoped she'd be better in a couple of days we got some eggs—would you like a couple?
- 1. combine a sense of hope is coupled with a palpable sense of loss 同義詞 combine, integrate, mix, incorporate, accompany, ... 更多反義詞 divorce
- ▪ connect (a railroad vehicle or a piece of equipment) to another a cable is coupled up to one of the wheels
- ▪ connect (two electrical components) using electromagnetic induction, electrostatic charge, or an optical link resistors are used to couple the oscillators 同義詞 connect, attach, join, fasten, fix, ... 更多反義詞 separate
- ▪ join to form a pair the beetles may couple up to form a pair
- 2. mate or have sexual intercourse as middle-class youth grew more tolerant of sex, they started to couple more often