- the extent to which something deals with or applies to something else；the treatment of an issue by the media
noun: coverage, plural noun: coverages
- 1. the extent to which something deals with or applies to something else the grammar did not offer total coverage of the language
- ▪ the treatment of an issue by the media the program won an award for its news coverage
- ▪ the amount of protection given by an insurance policy.
- ▪ the area reached by a particular broadcasting station or advertising medium a network of eighty transmitters would give nationwide coverage
- ▪ the manner in which a defender or a defensive team covers a player, an area, or a play.