- a stitch formed of two stitches crossing each other.；needlework done using cross-stitches
- sew or embroider using cross-stitch
verb: cross-stitch, 3rd person present: cross-stitches, gerund or present participle: cross-stitching, past tense: cross-stitched, past participle: cross-stitched
noun: cross stitch, plural noun: cross stitches
- 1. a stitch formed of two stitches crossing each other.
- ▪ needlework done using cross-stitches work the border in cross-stitch
- 1. sew or embroider using cross-stitch she cross-stitched a blanket for me while she watched over me in the hospital