- the tough outer part of a loaf of bread；a hard, dry scrap of bread
- form into a hard outer layer；cover with a hard outer layer
verb: crust, 3rd person present: crusts, gerund or present participle: crusting, past tense: crusted, past participle: crusted
noun: crust, plural noun: crusts
- 1. the tough outer part of a loaf of bread a sandwich with the crusts cut off I tore off several pieces of crust from the loaf 同義詞
- ▪ a hard, dry scrap of bread a kindly old woman might give her a crust
- ▪ a layer of pastry covering a pie.
- ▪ a hardened layer, coating, or deposit on the surface of something, especially something soft a crust of snow 同義詞
- ▪ the outermost layer of rock of which a planet consists, especially the part of the earth above the mantle the earth's crust at the midocean ridge new crust is formed
- ▪ a deposit of tartrates and other substances formed in wine aged in the bottle, especially port.
- 1. form into a hard outer layer the blisters eventually crust over
- ▪ cover with a hard outer layer the burns crusted his cheek