- make (someone or something) late or slow；be late or slow; loiter
- a period of time by which something is late or postponed；the action of delaying or being delayed
verb: delay, 3rd person present: delays, gerund or present participle: delaying, past tense: delayed, past participle: delayed
noun: delay, plural noun: delays
- 1. make (someone or something) late or slow the train was delayed 同義詞
- ▪ be late or slow; loiter time being of the essence, they delayed no longer 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ postpone or defer (an action) he may decide to delay the next cut in interest rates 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. a period of time by which something is late or postponed a two-hour delay long delays in obtaining passports 同義詞
- ▪ the action of delaying or being delayed I set off without delay 同義詞
- ▪ the time interval between the propagation of an electrical signal and its reception.
- ▪ an electronic device that introduces a time interval, especially in an audio signal.