- cause (something) to occur in a particular way; be the decisive factor in；ascertain or establish exactly, typically as a result of research or calculation
verb: determine, 3rd person present: determines, gerund or present participle: determining, past tense: determined, past participle: determined
- 1. cause (something) to occur in a particular way; be the decisive factor in it will be her mental attitude that determines her future 同義詞
- 2. ascertain or establish exactly, typically as a result of research or calculation the point of our study was to determine what is true, not what is practicable officials are working with state police to determine the cause of a deadly bus crash 同義詞
- ▪ specify the value, position, or form of (a mathematical or geometric object) uniquely.
- 3. firmly decide he determined on a withdrawal of his forces she determined to tackle Stephen the next day 同義詞
- 4. archaic bring or come to an end.