- the process of losing cohesion or strength；the process of coming to pieces
- 1. the process of losing cohesion or strength the twin problems of economic failure and social disintegration
- 2. the process of coming to pieces the disintegration of infected cells
- ▪ a process in which a nucleus or other subatomic particle emits a smaller particle or divides into smaller particles.
- the process of losing cohesion or strength: the twin problems of economic failure and social disintegration
Oxford American Dictionary