- (of a road, route, or line) separate from another route, especially a main one, and go in a different direction；(of an opinion, theory, approach, etc.) differ markedly
verb: diverge, 3rd person present: diverges, gerund or present participle: diverging, past tense: diverged, past participle: diverged
- 1. (of a road, route, or line) separate from another route, especially a main one, and go in a different direction the flight path diverged from the original flight plan 同義詞 separate, part, disunite, fork, branch off, ... 更多反義詞 converge
- ▪ (of an opinion, theory, approach, etc.) differ markedly the coverage by the columnists diverged from that in the main news stories 同義詞 differ, be different, be unlike, be dissimilar, disagree, ... 更多反義詞 agree
- ▪ deviate from a set course or standard suddenly he diverged from his text 同義詞 deviate, digress, depart, veer, swerve, ... 更多
- ▪ develop in a different direction howler and spider monkeys diverged from a common ancestor
- 2. (of a series) increase indefinitely as more of its terms are added.