- the process or state of diverging；a difference or conflict in opinions, interests, wishes, etc.
noun: divergence, plural noun: divergences
- 1. the process or state of diverging the divergence between primates and other groups 同義詞
- ▪ a difference or conflict in opinions, interests, wishes, etc. a fundamental divergence of attitude 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a place where airflows or ocean currents diverge, typically marked by downwelling (of air) or upwelling (of water).
- 2. the inner product of the operator del and a given vector, which gives a measure of the quantity of flux emanating from any point of the vector field or the rate of loss of mass, heat, etc., from it.
- the process or state of diverging: the divergence between primates and other groups