- 1. 痛打 they did him over for no reason whatsoever 他們無緣無故痛打了他一頓
- 2. 尋遍 thieves had done over the entire house 盜賊翻遍了整棟房子
- 3. 重做 the teacher told her to do it over (again) 老師讓她重做一遍
- 返工（產品）；重新加工 This suit doesn't fit me well, so I asked the tailor for a do-over. 這件西裝不合身，我要求裁縫返工。
- 【口】(尤用於祈使句或與動詞ing形式連用)停止做某事 Give over, can't you? I can't work with you chattering away like that. 到此為止吧, 行嗎?你這樣聊下去我就沒法工作了。 Give over complaining! 別發牢騷了!
- 清理或重新裝飾某物的表面 The paintwork is beginning to flake; it'll need doing over/to be done over soon. 油漆已成片脫落, 需要趕快重新上漆。
- 【口】猛擊某人; 痛打某人 He was done over by a gang of thugs after a football match. 他在足球比賽結束以後受到一幫暴徒的毆打。
- 完結; 了結; 結束 Their relationship is over and done with. 他們的關係完全斷絕了。