- an area of territory owned or controlled by a ruler or government；a specified sphere of activity or knowledge
noun: domain, plural noun: domains
- 1. an area of territory owned or controlled by a ruler or government the southwestern French domains of the Plantagenets 同義詞
- ▪ a specified sphere of activity or knowledge the expanding domain of psychology visual communication is the domain of the graphic designer 同義詞
- ▪ a discrete region of magnetism in ferromagnetic material.
- ▪ a distinct subset of the internet with addresses sharing a common suffix or under the control of a particular organization or individual.
- ▪ the set of possible values of the independent variable or variables of a function.