- a drug taken illegally for recreational purposes, especially marijuana or heroin；a drug given to a racehorse or greyhound to enhance or inhibit its performance.
- administer drugs to (a racehorse, greyhound, or athlete) in order to enhance or inhibit sporting performance；be heavily under the influence of drugs, typically illegal ones
- very good
verb: dope, 3rd person present: dopes, gerund or present participle: doping, past tense: doped, past participle: doped
noun: dope, plural noun: dopes
- 1. informal a drug taken illegally for recreational purposes, especially marijuana or heroin my dad caught me smoking dope 同義詞 drugs, narcotics, addictive drugs, recreational drugs, illegal drugs, ... 更多
- ▪ a drug given to a racehorse or greyhound to enhance or inhibit its performance.
- ▪ a drug taken by an athlete to improve performance he failed a dope test
- 2. informal a stupid person though he wasn't an intellectual giant, he was no dope either 同義詞 fool, idiot, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, ... 更多
- 3. informal information about a subject, especially if not generally known our reviewer will give you the dope on hot spots around the town 同義詞 information, details, particulars, facts, figures, ... 更多
- 4. a varnish applied to the fabric surface of model aircraft to strengthen them and keep them airtight.
- ▪ a thick liquid used as a lubricant.
- 1. administer drugs to (a racehorse, greyhound, or athlete) in order to enhance or inhibit sporting performance the horse was doped before the race 同義詞 drug, administer drugs/opiates/narcotics to, tamper with, interfere with, disable, ... 更多
- ▪ informal be heavily under the influence of drugs, typically illegal ones he was so doped up that he can't remember a thing
- ▪ treat (food or drink) with drugs maybe they had doped her water 同義詞 add drugs to, tamper with, adulterate, contaminate, informallace, ... 更多
- ▪ informal, dated regularly take illegal drugs.
- 2. smear or cover with varnish or other thick liquid she doped the surface with photographic emulsion
- 3. add an impurity to (a semiconductor) to produce a desired electrical characteristic.
- 1. informal very good that suit is dope!