- make persistent demands on (someone), especially for payment of a debt
- a debt collector or an insistent creditor.；a demand for payment.
verb: dun, 3rd person present: duns, gerund or present participle: dunning, past tense: dunned, past participle: dunned
noun: dun, plural noun: duns
- 1. make persistent demands on (someone), especially for payment of a debt they would very likely start dunning you for payment of your taxes she received two dunning letters from the bank
- 1. archaic a debt collector or an insistent creditor.
- ▪ archaic a demand for payment.