- exactly like something else, especially through having been copied；having two corresponding or identical parts.
- one of two or more identical things；a copy of an original
- make or be an exact copy of；multiply by two; double
noun: duplicate, plural noun: duplicates
- 1. exactly like something else, especially through having been copied a duplicate set of keys
- 2. technical having two corresponding or identical parts.
- 1. one of two or more identical things books may be disposed of if they are duplicates
- ▪ a copy of an original locksmiths can make duplicates of most keys
- 2. short for duplicate bridge
- 3. archaic a pawnbroker's ticket.
- 1. make or be an exact copy of information sheets had to be typed and duplicated they have not been able to duplicate his successes 同義詞
- ▪ multiply by two; double the normal amount of DNA has been duplicated thousands of times
- ▪ do (something) again unnecessarily most of these proposals duplicated work already done