- raise or lift (something) up to a higher position；raise to a more important or impressive level
verb: elevate, 3rd person present: elevates, gerund or present participle: elevating, past tense: elevated, past participle: elevated
- 1. raise or lift (something) up to a higher position the exercise will naturally elevate your chest and head 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ raise to a more important or impressive level in the 1920s he was elevated to secretary of state exotic toppings elevate a pizza from fast food to fine food 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a priest) hold up (a consecrated host or chalice) for adoration.
- ▪ increase the level or amount of (something, especially the level of a component of a person's blood) high amounts of the drug can elevate blood pressure
- ▪ raise the axis of (a piece of artillery) to increase its range.