- surround or close off on all sides；fence in (common land) so as to make it private property
verb: enclose, 3rd person present: encloses, gerund or present participle: enclosing, past tense: enclosed, past participle: enclosed
- 1. surround or close off on all sides the entire estate was enclosed with walls 同義詞 surround, circle, ring, encompass, encircle, ... 更多
- ▪ historical fence in (common land) so as to make it private property the open fields in the parish were enclosed in 1808
- ▪ seclude (a religious order or other community) from the outside world two years after he enclosed the convent, the plague struck one of the sisters
- ▪ bound on all sides; contain.
- 2. place (something) in an envelope together with a letter I enclose a copy of the job description 同義詞 include, insert, put in, enfold, send