- belonging to or forming the outer surface or structure of something；relating to or denoting a medicine or similar substance for use on the outside of the body
- the outward features of something；features that are only superficial; inessentials
- 1. belonging to or forming the outer surface or structure of something the external walls 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ relating to or denoting a medicine or similar substance for use on the outside of the body for external application only
- 2. coming or derived from a source outside the subject affected for many people the church was a symbol of external authority
- ▪ coming from or relating to a foreign country or an outside institution responsibility for defense and external affairs 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of hardware) not contained in the main computer; peripheral.
- ▪ (of storage) using a disk or tape drive rather than the main memory.
- 1. the outward features of something the place has all the appropriate externals, such as chimneys choked with ivy and windows with jasmine
- ▪ features that are only superficial; inessentials photographs can only show externals