- give external existence or form to；express (a thought or feeling) in words or actions
verb: externalize, 3rd person present: externalizes, gerund or present participle: externalizing, past tense: externalized, past participle: externalized
- 1. give external existence or form to elements of the internal construction were externalized on to the facade
- ▪ express (a thought or feeling) in words or actions an urgent need to externalize the experience
- ▪ project (a mental image or process) on to a figure outside oneself such neuroses are externalized as interpersonal conflicts
- 2. fail or choose not to incorporate (costs) as part of a pricing structure, especially social and environmental costs resulting from a product's manufacture and use.
- give external existence or form to: elements of the internal construction were externalized onto the facade
Oxford American Dictionary