- made or shaped to fill a space or to cover something closely or exactly；(of a carpet) cut and laid to cover a floor completely.
- 1. made or shaped to fill a space or to cover something closely or exactly the blouse has a fitted bodice navy-blue fitted sheets 同義詞
- ▪ British (of a carpet) cut and laid to cover a floor completely.
- ▪ British (of furniture) built to be fixed into a particular space a fitted wardrobe 同義詞
- ▪ British (of a room) equipped with matching units of fitted furniture a fitted kitchen
- 2. attached to or provided with a particular component or article a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle
- 3. having the appropriate qualities or skills to do something I don't think he was fitted for the job 同義詞 反義詞
- a fabric sheet with elasticated corners designed to fit tightly over a mattress: this set includes a flat sheet, fitted sheet, and two pillowcases
- (of a garment) shaped to the body but not closely fitted: a single-breasted semi-fitted jacket
- made or shaped to fill a space or to cover something closely or exactly: the blouse has a fitted bodice navy blue fitted sheets
Oxford American Dictionary