- made or shaped to fill a space or to cover something closely or exactly；(of a carpet) cut and laid to cover a floor completely.
- 1. made or shaped to fill a space or to cover something closely or exactly the blouse has a fitted bodice navy-blue fitted sheets 同義詞 shaped, contoured, fitting tightly/well, contour
- ▪ British (of a carpet) cut and laid to cover a floor completely.
- ▪ British (of furniture) built to be fixed into a particular space a fitted wardrobe 同義詞 built-in, integral, integrated, incorporated, fixed, ... 更多
- ▪ British (of a room) equipped with matching units of fitted furniture a fitted kitchen
- 2. attached to or provided with a particular component or article a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle
- 3. having the appropriate qualities or skills to do something I don't think he was fitted for the job 同義詞 suited, well suited, right, suitable, ideal, ... 更多反義詞 unsuited
- a fabric sheet with elasticated corners designed to fit tightly over a mattress: this set includes a flat sheet, fitted sheet, and two pillowcases
- (of a garment) shaped to the body but not closely fitted: a single-breasted semi-fitted jacket
- made or shaped to fill a space or to cover something closely or exactly: the blouse has a fitted bodice navy blue fitted sheets
Oxford American Dictionary