- a secure grip with one's feet；the basis on which something is established or operates
noun: footing, plural noun: one's footings
- 1. a secure grip with one's feet he suddenly lost his footing 同義詞 foothold, toehold, hold, grip, anchorage, ... 更多
- 2. the basis on which something is established or operates attempts to establish the store on a firm financial footing 同義詞 basis, base, foundation, underpinning, support, ... 更多
- ▪ the position or status of a person in relation to others the suppliers are on an equal footing with the buyers 同義詞 standing, status, state, station, position, ... 更多
- 3. the bottommost part of a foundation wall, with a course of concrete wider than the base of the wall.