- an inclined part of a road or railway; a slope；the degree of a slope
noun: gradient, plural noun: gradients
- 1. an inclined part of a road or railway; a slope fail-safe brakes for use on steep gradients 同義詞
- ▪ the degree of a slope the path becomes very rough as the gradient increases 同義詞
- ▪ the degree of steepness of a graph at any point.
- 2. an increase or decrease in the magnitude of a property (e.g. temperature, pressure, or concentration) observed in passing from one point or moment to another.
- ▪ the rate of such a change.
- ▪ the vector formed by the operator ∇ acting on a scalar function at a given point in a scalar field.
- an inclined part of a road or railway; a slope: fail-safe brakes for use on steep gradients
Oxford American Dictionary