- a shoot or twig inserted into a slit on the trunk or stem of a living plant, from which it receives sap.；an instance of grafting a shoot or twig.
- insert (a shoot or twig) as a graft；insert a graft on (a stock).
verb: graft, 3rd person present: grafts, gerund or present participle: grafting, past tense: grafted, past participle: grafted
noun: graft, plural noun: grafts
- 1. a shoot or twig inserted into a slit on the trunk or stem of a living plant, from which it receives sap. 同義詞
- ▪ an instance of grafting a shoot or twig.
- 2. a piece of living tissue that is transplanted surgically. 同義詞
- ▪ a surgical operation in which tissue is transplanted. 同義詞
- 1. insert (a shoot or twig) as a graft it was common to graft different varieties onto a single tree trunk
- ▪ insert a graft on (a stock). 同義詞
- 2. transplant (living tissue) as a graft they can graft a new hand onto the arm 同義詞
- 3. insert or fix (something) permanently to something else, typically in a way considered inappropriate information technology cannot just be grafted onto existing plans 同義詞