- of the color between blue and yellow in the spectrum; colored like grass or emeralds；consisting of fresh green vegetables
- green color or pigment；green clothes or material
- make or become green in color；make (an urban or desert area) more verdant by planting or encouraging trees or other greenery
verb: green, 3rd person present: greens, gerund or present participle: greening, past tense: greened, past participle: greened
noun: green, plural noun: greens
- 1. of the color between blue and yellow in the spectrum; colored like grass or emeralds the leaves are bright green 同義詞
- ▪ consisting of fresh green vegetables a green salad
- ▪ denoting a green light or flag used as a signal to proceed.
- ▪ (of a ski run) of the lowest level of difficulty, as indicated by colored markers on the run.
- ▪ denoting one of three colors of quark.
- 2. covered with grass, trees, or other plants proposals that would smother green fields with development 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ concerned with or supporting protection of the environment as a political principle a Green candidate for the European parliament 同義詞
- ▪ (of a product) not harmful to the environment traditional, modern, and green funerals 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. (of a plant or fruit) young or unripe green shoots 同義詞
- ▪ (of wood) unseasoned.
- ▪ (of food or leather) not dried, smoked, or tanned. 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a memory) not fading clubs devoted to keeping green the memory of Sherlock Holmes 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ still strong or vigorous first there was green old age, hardly different from middle age 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ archaic (of a wound) fresh; not healed.
- 4. (of a person) inexperienced, naive, or gullible a green recruit fresh from college 同義詞 反義詞
- 5. (of the complexion or a person) pale and sickly-looking “Are you all right? You look absolutely green.” 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. green color or pigment major roads are marked in green
- ▪ green clothes or material two girls in red and green
- ▪ green foliage or growing plants that lovely canopy of green over Puritan Road 同義詞
- ▪ green leafy vegetables salad greens collard greens 同義詞
- ▪ a green light.
- ▪ informal, dated money you'll save yourself some green
- 2. a piece of public or common grassy land, especially in the center of a town a house overlooking the green 同義詞
- ▪ an area of smooth, very short grass immediately surrounding a hole on a golf course a 60 ft putt on the last green
- 3. a member or supporter of an environmentalist group or party the Greens' remarkable 15 percent vote 同義詞
- 1. make or become green in color the roof was greening with lichen
- ▪ make (an urban or desert area) more verdant by planting or encouraging trees or other greenery greening the desert
- 2. make less harmful or more sensitive to the environment the importance of greening this industry