- call out to (someone) to attract attention；signal (an approaching taxi) to stop
- expressing greeting or acclaim
- a shout or call used to attract attention.
verb: hail, 3rd person present: hails, gerund or present participle: hailing, past tense: hailed, past participle: hailed
- 1. call out to (someone) to attract attention I hailed her in English 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ signal (an approaching taxi) to stop she raised her hand to hail a cab 同義詞
- 2. praise (someone or something) enthusiastically he has been hailed as the new James Dean 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. have one's home or origins in (a place) they hail from Turkey 同義詞
- 1. archaic expressing greeting or acclaim hail, Caesar!
- 1. a shout or call used to attract attention.